SPECIAL MESSAGE REGARDING COVID 19
Eastside Urban Farm & Garden Center is committed to helping our community pull through this difficult time, and we are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both our customers and staff. In addition to our regular healthy workplace policies, we’ve implemented a series of new measures in our store to increase the protection to both staff and customers in response to the Covid 19 virus outbreak:
- Disinfection of keypads, registers, countertops after transactions. Hand sanitizer and gloves are available (and encouraged) for customer use at every register. Disinfection of commonly touched surfaces multiple times per day, and entire store every day.
- Occupancy Limits in store and on site: We are asking that no more than 1 household member enter our store at any time. We will ask you to wait outside if capacity is exceeded. Parents, please leave your children at home. Single parents with no childcare options, please see our curbside pickup service below.
- We require customers (and staff) to wear masks on site at all times, and maintain 6ft distancing from staff and each other. Like many other essential workers, we interact with the public every day and ask that you help keep us and others safe by properly masking and using hand sanitizer on site. Thank you.
- Staff will be practicing distancing from customers on site, so please understand that normal levels of customer service and conversation will be suspended as we work to insure the safety of staff as well as customers.
- We are suspending all classes and workshops until further notice. Our hope is to reschedule classes later in the year, based on Department of Health/CDC guidelines/clearance.
Curbside pickup, available Monday – Friday: we are able to deliver your order out to your car so you don’t need to come in the store!
Our curbside service is available for seniors over 65, those with health conditions, and single parents with no childcare Monday through Friday only. Curbside service is not available for live animals.
How it works:
Please email us a general list of the items you are looking for.
Please allow 24 hrs for us to get back to you. If you contact us Friday- Sunday, we may not be able to get back to you until Monday.
We will email you back with what we have or any necessary substitutions.
When you’ve given the OK, and you’re ready to proceed we will give you a call (please leave your phone number in your email), and take pre-payment over the phone. Email receipts are available upon request. Later that same day you can come by the store, call us (we have a separate dedicated line for this) to let us know where you are parked, and we will bring your order out to your car. Easy peasy!
- For folks that don’t fall into the above categories, or can have a family member pick up for you, we are operating an outdoor register with lots of room.
- We have gloves and sanitizer available for customers at each register, and encourage folks to maintain as much distance from each other as possible.
Again, we have opened an outdoor register which allows for greater social distancing in our large outdoor nursery area. The outdoor register is able to process any type of transaction, and customers can purchase any product there.
Changes to our weekly hours: Sundays open 12-5pm, Monday through Saturday: 10am-5:30pm. Until further notice.
We have registered with the State of Washington Emergency Management Division as an Essential Business in the Agriculture and Food Sector, and will continue to stay open throughout the duration of this crisis, and throughout any Shelter in Place order.
We recognize that continuing to provide animal feed, vegetable starts, and gardening/farming supplies is crucial to insure the health, well-being and resilience of our families, farms, and livestock. We are working closely with our suppliers to insure adequate supplies now and moving forward.
Our community is full of wonderful people willing to work together to insure the common good, to help their neighbors in need, and to keep our food system strong! Let’s work together now more than ever to keep each other safe, and to keep our communities resilient. Thank you for your support!