Chick Schedule/ Policies 2021
Over 60 breeds of chicks, ducks, and turkeys every year, many heritage breeds.
We have new chicks coming every Friday year round!
Check us out on Facebook.com/EUFGC for updates.
Chick Schedule will now be posted on our New Arrivals page. Visit it here.
Standard breeds are sexed at 90% female unless marked otherwise. (bantams and ducklings are always straight run**) All chicks are immunized against the 2 most common strains of Mareks and all birds are NPIP certified.
We cannot hold or pre-order chicks, and all chick sales are final.
*** Our curbside pickup service is not available for livestock. ***
Raising livestock is fun and rewarding, but requires preparation and commitment.
Prices: $5-7 for chicks depending on breed, ducklings are $8-10
COVID- 19 Poultry Policy
Due to recent unprecedented demand for our livestock, we have implemented new policies at Eastside Urban Farm & Garden. Our staff are essential agricultural workers and our policies are designed to insure both their, and our customer’s health by limiting the number of individuals on site at any one time.
We encourage customers to do research to understand fully what’s involved in rearing poultry before coming in to make a livestock purchase. We discourage impulse buying of any breeds, especially waterfowl,and reserve the right to limit poultry sales at any time. We currently have a 12 bird maximum purchase limit, but may implement further limitations in certain circumstances.
In order to ensure the safety of staff and customers on site we are implementing the following safety procedures on chick arrival days:
- Our doors open at 10am. If chicks arrive on time (8am) we will be able to start releasing them at 11am.
- We have an online sign-up schedule system to pick up new chicks, while maintaining occupancy limits in the store. Sign up starts the day before arrival each week. Usually that will be Thursdays at 10am.
- Please do not come into the store for your livestock until your scheduled time. We have strict occupancy limits and ask that folks work together to keep everyone safe.
Sales will begin at no earlier than 11 am to try to ensure the health of the livestock. All livestock sales are final.
We’d like to remind folks that we get poultry every week all year round, so there should be no rush to get livestock without proper preparation and consideration.
We have a 12 chick limit. For folks wanting more than 12 birds, please consider ordering from a hatchery directly.
Chick Pickup Signup
For our chick schedule, click here.
Our current chick inventory includes:
- Production Blue (Hatched 5/18)
- Russian Orloff (Hatched 5/18)
- Dominiques (Hatched 5/18)
- Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (Hatched 5/25)
- Olive Eggers (Hatched 5/25)
- Blue Copper Marans (Hatched 5/25)
- Welsummers (Hatched 5/25)
- Barred Rocks (Hatched 6/2)
- Black Sex Links (Hatched 6/2)
- Golden Laced Wyandottes (Hatched 6/2)
- Pekin Ducklings** (Hatched 6/2)
- Rouen Ducklings** (Hatched 6/2)
Fridays are appointment only. Starting on Saturday, it is first-come, first serve on remaining chicks.
If you are late to your appointment please be aware that we reserve the right to skip to the next scheduled person in line but we will help you when time allows.
**Appointment booking will open directly below on the day before the shipment starting at 10 am. Please select a time, fill out your info and submit. You should receive both a confirmation page and email if your appointment request is processed correctly**
Thank you for your understanding during this time, and thank you for working with us to keep us ALL safe.
There’s nothing quite like the peace of mind you get by raising your own livestock. Knowing exactly where your food is coming from, you can ensure that your family is getting the best quality, healthiest meat and eggs, from animals that are well cared for, and fed high quality feeds. We sell poultry all year. In addition, we also offer a variety of all types of livestock supplies to help make raising your animals easier.
Not sure how to get started? Stop in and ask one of our friendly staff members! We’ll help you find everything you need to get started. Or check out our extensive book section for more in-depth information and resources.
Feel healthy and happy raising your own livestock
Livestock Supplies Include:
- Chicks year round!
- Wide variety of High Quality, Pacific NW Feeds, including tons of Organic options!
- Feeders, Waterers
- Brooder supplies
- Veterinary Supplies
- Chicken wire, netting, fencing
- Books and educational resources
- Local, Timothy, Alfalfa, & Orchard Grass Hay
- Straw, Shavings
- Minerals, salts
- Bulk grain section